Seeking technical/artistic abilities and potential, as well as maturity and suitability for IB programming
The Nutcracker Auditions
Students ages 8 and up are eligible to audition for International Ballet’s “The Nutcracker”, performed annually at the Peace Center Concert Hall with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra.
2pm: Age 8-13
3pm: Age 14+
Rehearsals on Saturday afternoons
$100 Performance Fee
Parent Volunteer Hours (minimal requirement)
Rehearse with International Ballet Artistic Staff and Company dancers.
Perform with internationally recognized Principal Guest Artists.
Participate in a professional production with a live orchestra and choir.
Perform at the acclaimed Peace Center Concert Hall.
IBA Scholarship Audition – Ballet I-V
International Ballet maintains an audition-based scholarship program that includes financial-need consideration in its award process. The purpose of the program is to ensure that talented and motivated dancers, ages 6 to 18, are able to continue and progress in their ballet studies, regardless of their financial circumstances.
• Scholarship applicants complete an application, provide financial information and attend a ballet audition. An independent dance professional serves as the audition judge.
• Essential to each award is demonstrated commitment by both the student and their parents to serious dance training and the requirements of the scholarship award.
• All scholarship recipients are also expected to complete work assignments for the IBA studio. Scholarship recipients are also expected to participate in sponsor events and performances, when appropriate.
• Scholarships are awarded to dancers from ages 6-18 in Ballet levels 1-5. Auditions are held during September and awards apply to tuition from October through May.
• The IB Scholarship Program is funded by tax-deductible donations from generous Greenville community businesses, individuals and families committed to furthering training in the art of classical ballet for young people in our community. The number of scholarships awarded is based on current donations and is distributed among the dance levels.
JURGEN FORSTER BOYS SCHOLARSHIP
• Honoring IBA Co-Founder, Jurgen Forster
• Male students receive full (Ballet 2-5) and half (Ballet 1) scholarship
• In Memory of Cassandra Cook Gary, mother of IB/IBA Alumna, Cara Marie Gary
• Merit Scholarship (Need-Blind)
• Recipients must be a member of International Ballet’s Pre-Professional Company
• Applications (including a personal essay) reviewed by The Gary Family in consultation with IB Artistic Staff
The International Ballet Pre-Professional Company is a selective, audition-based performance group for the serious advanced dancer. IBCO dancers uphold minimum class requirements for their respective levels, also attending a weekly company class and designated rehearsals.
Dancers perform in International Ballet annual productions, such as L’Automne, The Nutcracker with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, a Spring Ballet, and other community presentations such as school lecture demonstrations and guest appearances for community events. Dancers also perform at Storytime Ballet, a partnership with the Greenville County Library, and annually in the Greenville Symphony Orchestra’s “Holiday at Peace” concert and the Local Performing Artists Concert at Artisphere.
Company dancers perform challenging Classical repertoire as well as original works in Contemporary, Musical Theatre, or other relevant disciplines according to performance requirements, experience, and available choreographers, and may have additionally scheduled rehearsals during the performance season.
All current members as well as prospective members must audition. Current members may submit their audition information as an absentee if they will be out of town) to determine company level placement as well as for preliminary season casting purposes.
2020 Company Auditions
Thursday, May 14
Prospective Members: $15 Audition Fee
Current Company Members: Fee is Waived